HOME | ABOUT US | Speaker | Americans Together | Videos | www.CenterforPluralism.com | Please note that the blog posts include my own articles plus selected articles critical to India's cohesive functioning. My articles are exclusively published at www.TheGhouseDiary.com You can send an email to: MikeGhouseforIndia@gmail.com
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Sunday, May 27, 2018
Here are 1.1 Billion Indian opinions;
- Patriotism is uplifting the nation, making the lives of her inhabitants better. It is about Improving the lifestyle from pure potable water to sanitation to providing education, jobs, and experience.
- Patriotism is respecting and honoring every fellow national, in our case fellow Indian, regardless of their color, caste, religion or economic status.
- The old concept of Patriotism is based on killing and getting killed, which is idiotic, we need to be thinking of living and letting others live their lives. There is a paradigm shift in the making, the guys who want to take their nation on the brink of war are not patriotic, as they put a lot of lives in jeopardy.
- Patriotism disguised in building disgust for others is slavery to one's own negative emotions. They are indeed very binding, makes one's blood pressure go up, one's bile starts flowing with anger and hate. This is not patriotism.
- Most humans love their mother, the source of their creation. Mother is your physical mother; the mother is the land that nourished you and gave the air to breathe and water to drink.
- Most humans honor their mother, it is a personal relationship, yet there are a few Hindus, Muslims, Christian and others who do not treat their mothers well. It is neither their religion nor their stock; it is just the individuals with occasional badness.
- Muslims are as loyal and patriotic as Hindus are. Muslims honor their mothers just as much as Hindus or anyone - Muslims love their motherland only as anyone. Each love is manifested in different expressions. No one has to fall into other's dye.
- The day we stop labeling criminals with religion, would be the day we will find solutions to terrorism of all ranges. Blasting the bus to burning the wives to declining access to someone... Criminals are Criminals because they are... and not because of the religion they wear or the language they speak.
- If I am not at peace with myself, if my thoughts are not peace, if my actions are not peace, and my words are not peace giving, then I cannot expect others to be.
- A peacemaker continually seeks to mitigate conflicts and nurtures goodwill for peaceful co-existence. His or Her words and actions do not make things worse but bring some sense and understanding to the situation. God wants us to live in peace and harmony with his creation; indeed that is the purpose religion. – Mike Ghouse
Saturday, May 26, 2018
Poor soul, I hope a few Muslims make an effort to invite him to a dinner and make friends with him, it is not going to be easy, but ultimately, if he sees that no Muslim or Christian wants to harm him, he will gradually remove this venom in his heart.
God bless him.
He wears the costume like Swami Vivekananda, a respected scholar, and under that guise of a holy man, he is spewing full of lies and hatred.
Next time, I will make an effort to meet him and want to learn the sources of such hatred and false information.
If only he knows that his speech creates tensions and hatred between Muslims and Hindus, and does a lot of harm, he may actually quit it.
When extremists are exposed to goodness, they have known to change
At this time, I pray that he reflects on his statements, is he hurting India?
This is the fear of many, and to an extent, it happens.
The people need to stop the negative patriotism.
More about Patriotism at https://mikeghouseforindia.blogspot.com/2018/05/nupur-sharma-on-indian-pluralism.html
Saturday, May 19, 2018
Friday, May 18, 2018
Thanks to Senator John Kennedy from Louisiana for facilitating the Conference room in the Senate side of the Capitol. Thanks to Greg Mitchell coordinator of International Religious freedom working group for moderating the event.
- Entire Europe (50 Countries) - 731m people with 949 m voters
- Whole Africa (54 Countries) - 922 m people with 566 m voters
- The Americas (56 Countries) - 910 m people with 560 m voters
- India, just one nation - 1.22 b people with 834 m voters
- India has more voters than every CONTINENT!
- Preventing Intimidation and fraud
- Vulnerability Mapping: a response to threat and intimidation of voters.
- 86,782 villages / hamlets identified as vulnerable.
- 373,886 persons identified as potential troublemakers.
- Preventive measures are taken.
- Videographers (74,729) Digital cameras (40,599) deployed: a great deterrent
- Hardly any complaint of threat and intimidation.
- More than 1.8 million EVMs deployed. India was the first country
- EVMs now used universally in all Elections.
- Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) introduced.