HOME | ABOUT US | Speaker | Americans Together | Videos | www.CenterforPluralism.com | Please note that the blog posts include my own articles plus selected articles critical to India's cohesive functioning. My articles are exclusively published at www.TheGhouseDiary.com You can send an email to: MikeGhouseforIndia@gmail.com


Sunday, March 11, 2018

Nupur Sharma's Take on Aamir Khan

Aamir Khan

Nupur Saheba,

I have come to admire your work, Zafar Bhai religiously send the link to each one of your episodes and I have been sharing this with groups.

Your episode 28 on Aamir Khan is right on the dot and I am glad you recognized his contributions there. 

Urdu Wala Chashma, Episode 28: Aamir Khan Unplugged


When I get a chance, I will write a note about your work, I salute all work that is inclusive.

Mahatma Gandhi

It was a delight to hear about Mahatma Gandhi, my take is fairly identical to yours.  I am inspired by him – saw him in my dream twice, way back in early 70’s and again early 90’s., both the times, he pats on my back and say, beta tujhe bahut kaam karnay hain.
Every year on his birth and death, I publish something or the other about him.  My work on Pluralism is inspired by him.

Dalits

Thanks for talking about Dalits.  I have consciously made to include Dalits in my thinking and conversation, as I do with every religion from Atheism to Zoroastrianism and every one in between.  

Here is an article I wrote last week - Have Muslims stood up for the Oppressed?http://mikeghouseforindia.blogspot.com/2018/03/have-muslims-stood-up-for-oppressed.html

Aamir Khan

I just realized I have written quite a bit about his work


Aamir Khan, the new Social Hero of India  http://mikeghouseforindia.blogspot.com/2012/07/aamir-khan-indias-new-social-hero.html


Aamir Khan is God sent
http://mikeghouseforindia.blogspot.com/2012/07/aamir-khan-is-god-sent-to-india.html



My suggestion would be to pull poetry that is inclusive…  for example Sahir Ludhianavi includes “A Radha ki ham jins, a hawwa ki beti.”  Bulleh Shah’s “My holi manaoongi bismillah say.” There is so much literature that brings together different traditions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment