HOME | ABOUT US | Speaker | Americans Together | Videos | www.CenterforPluralism.com | Please note that the blog posts include my own articles plus selected articles critical to India's cohesive functioning. My articles are exclusively published at www.TheGhouseDiary.com You can send an email to: MikeGhouseforIndia@gmail.com


Tuesday, February 9, 2010

5 reasons to watch 'My Name Is Khan'

Movies - Indiatimes - Movie news, views, reviews from across India

5 reasons to watch 'My Name Is Khan'
08 Feb, 2010 12:00 am ISTlSmrity Sharma/INDIATIMES MOVIES

SMS NEWS to 58888 for latest updates

As Shah Rukh Khan – Kajol starrer ‘My Name Is Khan’ gears up to hit screens this Friday, we give you 5 good reasons to not miss this one.

Karan Johar has previously given us hits likes ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’, ‘Kabhie Khushi Kabhi Gham’ with Shah Rukh and Kajol. The director returns again with My Name Is Khan with the two talented actors. Karan has self admitted that SRK- Kajol bring out the best in him. He said in an interview, “I’m blessed to have them in my film. I don't know what it is about them.. It's just magic. They build an inexplicable energy on screen. When I direct a scene with Shah Rukh and Kajol, I know I'm doing my best work.”

No doubts then that MNIK will be a complete entertainer and get you your ticket money’s worth.

A different kind of love...

Lead actors Shah Rukh and Kajol are all over the place saying that MNIK is a love story but a different kind at that. And one aspect that makes the love affair between SRK and Kajol’s characters in the film different is that SRK is playing a person suffering from Asperger's syndrome – a kind of autism where a person shows significant difficulties in social interaction, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests.

Jodi kamal ki....

They have made you laugh, they have made you cry, they have made your heart skip a beat, they have made you fall in love... and now they both return to entertain you yet again.

Music...

The music of ‘My Name Is Khan’ has got great reviews and the songs have been topping the chartbusters, with ‘Sajda’ and ‘Tere Naina’ being the hot numbers played on radio stations very often. Picturized on a dynamic jodi of SRK and Kajol, the songs will come alive on the big screen for sure. Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy are the music directors of the album that boasts of some beautiful singers like Rashid Khan, Adnan Sami, Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Richa Sharma and Shafqat Amanat Ali.

Theme...

Unlike the general perception, ‘My Name Is Khan’ is not about terrorism. So after the average success of John-Katrina’s ‘New York’ and Saif-Kareena’s ‘Kurbaan’, all those who are in second thoughts about watching MNIK should now make a decision in the positive.

As Shah Rukh Khan puts it, “‘My Name Is Khan’ is not about terrorism but it focuses on themes concerning the relationship between the Western world and Islam and how that has changed over the past few years. The movie revolves around the journey of one family and how it changes because of 9/11.”

SRK adds, “MNIK is a disabled man’s fight against the disability that exists in the world — terrorism, hatred, fighting ... My Name is Khan is also about Islam and the way the world looks at Islam but we are not taking any sides.”

No comments:

Post a Comment