HOME | ABOUT US | Speaker | Americans Together | Videos | www.CenterforPluralism.com | Please note that the blog posts include my own articles plus selected articles critical to India's cohesive functioning. My articles are exclusively published at www.TheGhouseDiary.com You can send an email to: MikeGhouseforIndia@gmail.com


Friday, August 23, 2019

This was my India


THIS WAS MY INDIA

 The following video is in Hindi/Urdu language, and it is everything India "was" a decade ago. The video is reflective of an India, a cohesive India, where all of us worked, lived, married, and enjoyed life together. A time when we did not let politicians place wedges between different groups of people. A nostalgic time that the moderate majority of Indians long for. I hope those days will be back.

 I have compiled similar poetry," Mujhe mera pyaara Hindustan loutado" – give back my loving India of yesteryears to me. I will be reciting the poem at a Mushaira/ Kavi Sammelan, that is poetry session this Saturday at Aligarh Alumni association in Washington DC.

 When people get along with each other, respect the otherness of the other, happiness flows through like a calm river in summer, touching everyone. It brings joy.  I am pleased to share this video to let my fellow Indian Americans know that happiness comes from being good to each other and not hateful to each other or scheming to undermine each other.
  
 My India was a cohesive nation, where all of us got along and minded our own business, and truly cared for each other. It did not matter what religion you practiced, and you cared for your friends.

 I will not write another line without acknowledging the shameful treatment of Dalits. For centuries they have been treated less than humans as a part of the social structure. My civility does not allow me to use the crude language, hence this tone.  I don't believe the Caste System is a part of Hinduism, it was cooked up by Manu, called Manu Smriti, and it is a racist, misogynistic and xenophobic system.  I welcome anyone to tell me otherwise.

 Most Hindus have denounced the varna system, but the practice is still there. Just this week, a Dalit man was hacked to death (Washington post) by the criminal father in law because the Dalit dared marry his upper-caste daughter. Three days ago, a Dalit man was chased and set afire. Since the new government has taken the reigns, harassments, lynching, and rapes of Dalits, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, and Moderate Hindus have increased by 30%.

Religions came into being to build societies where the weakest and the strongest, the rich and poor, old and the young, men and women were oriented to live in harmony.  Religions were designed to knock out the selfish greed and arrogance that are the cause of all evil. Most people in each faith believe and practice that principle, a few don't. We need to work with them, and they are the lost souls in selfishness and arrogance.

Can Modi Sarkar Allay the fears? https://www.indiawest.com/letters_to_editor/can-modi-sarkar-allay-fears/article_5338a480-aa55-11e9-98eb-933edd8ae75a.html

Mike Ghouse is committed to building cohesive societies and offers pluralistic solutions on issues of the day. He is speaker, thinker, author, newsmaker, pluralist and an interfaith wedding officiant. https://www.linkedin.com/in/mikeghouse/

No comments:

Post a Comment